Thursday, February 5, 2009

My High Risk Doctor Finally Called Me Back Today!!

Well several things were brought up. The first thing brought up was Hannah's size. Dr. Mitra said she was def. too small. But you know Dr. Hall and the autopsy report said she was normal size for her gestation. Dr. Mitra assured me that they were wrong. I knew she was small but when I was told she was not I just figured it 'could' be normal for her to be that size. Guess I was wrong. As far as the infection, Dr. Mitra said there was only traces of it and not enough to cause a problem. He said if it was enough to cause a problem that it would have thrown me into pre-term labor and I would have been very sick with high fevers and chills. He is more concerned about her growth. He thinks she was taking the same path as Carly, but just in a later stage during the pregnancy. He has no clue as to why this keeps happening. He says he's already done all the test there is to do on me and there's nothing left to do as far as testing goes. He says he can't promise that it won't happen again either. He did say he wants me to take a baby aspirin and prenatal vitamin for 3 months prior to getting pregnant again. He says I don't have to go on bed rest or anything like that. He says if it does happen again it's nothing I'm doing or anything I can do to prevent it. He said he would follow me the entire pregnancy next time and I would be considered extremely high risk. He said if things start to look shaky we would discuss getting me admitted to the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy and monitoring me before delivering early and having a stay in the NICU. He was very concerned as to why Dr. Hall didn't let me have a VBAC. He said that would have been the best route to go. Now that I have 2 different scars on my uterus it may be next to impossible to have a VBAC the next time. I asked him about the placenta increta and he said that they can prove that I even had it. But if I did indeed have it it's possible that get it again and that the worst thing that could happen is having a hysterectomy. He said if I really wanted to have a child then that alone shouldn't stop us from trying. I asked how long I should wait and he said he couldn't make that decision for me. I told him I have heard a year to wait after a c-section is what I've heard and he said that it couldn't hurt to wait a year but it wouldn't hurt if we decided to TTC earlier. So that's it, we have no clue as to what's going on. But here's my take on it. I have a bicournate uterus, and I've read that women with a BU have a higher risk of IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction). So with Carly she was SEVERELY restricted, I think she stretched my uterus some and allowed Hannah to grow bigger and longer. Now I think that with Hannah being a good bit bigger than Carly she stretched my uterus even more. So I think when we get pregnant again it will go even longer the next time. But who knows, that's just my thoughts. Regardless of what happens next time I'm going to be worried sick the WHOLE time! Now as far as when we are going to start TTC, that's still in question. Maybe in June and maybe in September and maybe later. We are just trying to soak in all the info right now. I know right now I don't feel emotionally ready.

4 comments:

Fredlynn said...

I have read your blogs and I want you to know I am sorry for all of your losses. On that note I am soo happy that you can try again for more children. I pray God blesses you with a healthy baby and your arms full of love!!! Congrats on the wedding and a happy future!!

AL VIENTO said...

I am really really happy about you having the chance to try again to have a baby. Like you, I think that God above is reserving a GREAT surprise for you. For now, concentrate in you wedding, in being happy...the rest will come...My prayers still with you!

Natalie Bourque said...

My heart goes out to you during these times. I know that news was bitter sweet but your' faith and strength will bring you through this, as it has before! God Bless both of you and I will pray that things work out for the best with you when you decide to try again...

chloe's clan said...

I saw your youtube contribution to Carly a long while ago and last night stumbled onto Hannah's blog. I was very surprised to see another tragic outcome for you, but I wanted to tell you that your faith is very inspiring and the steps you have taken in taking care of yourself seem like very positive ones. I am so happy that you get to try again. I will put your name on the prayer roll the moment I find out you are expecting again and I will keep there for your whole pregnancy. I beleieve in the power of prayer. I believe in God and all the things you have commented on regarding His plan for each one of us. I too have a little Hannah. She was born prematurely at 35 weeks and we were blessed not to have to stay in the hospital longer than 5 days. She was 4lbs 13oz. But problems developed and she stopped growing at 6 months old. Finally we resorted to a Gastrostomy tube in her stomach and we have fed her through that since she was 2. She was 18 lbs at age 2. It is what has kept her alilve and I am so grateful for the technology that we have today that can preserve our little angels. My heart swells in love for you. I know we all have our own difficult paths but I also know that we are here to help each other progress. I hope you know how many people feel your pain and your joy when seeing your posts. Thank you for helping "us" by sharing. May God bless your family!